2009-02-25

bread, water and willpower

DSC_0300

today’s Ash Wednesday. i decided i’d try the whole bread and water fast for today. heh, was it tough.

didn’t start off to bad considering i barely had anything to eat the night before. drank water to try and hold off the hunger pangs for as long as possible. then came recess, i came prepared. i had packed two pieces of plain wholemeal bread to sustain me until lunch at least. i started nibbling at it, determined not to break the fast just yet. i took my time eating it, eventually hiding out in the ed board room to load my pics and be far away from the delicious aroma of food just around the corner from the room. i was down to about half of the second piece when the bell rang. i was tempted to just scarf down the rest of the bread  but then i knew i would feel the hunger more. i went back to class, only to be greeted by the aroma of nuggets coming from kong’s drawer. i started cursing under my breath, trying to find things to distract myself. so school went on… until the last bell. i hurried to the bus stop to wait for my mum. finally she came, and we went to mid valley for the jusco member’s day. i was greeted full force by delicious smells coming from everyway around me when i stepped into the mall. but yet i was determined, i headed to jusco and bought myself a sandwich, glancing wishfully at the sushi the whole time. ahh, if only. i took my time with it, determined to make it last until dinner. and last me it did. by the time i came home, i still didn’t feel the hunger. then i had dinner with my grandma, having to take off bones from the fish for my grandma, i was sorely tempted to eat the noodles too. but i was determined. i was deciding between what kind of bread to eat when my mum scolded me. telling me to have at least a square meal. in the end, i had the noodles. but until now, i have not once touched something i would have normally eaten by now.

i am really proud with myself. =)

xoxo

joanna

 

P/S yes yes, lots of words i know. haha.

No comments: